REVIEW: Birchbox x Rochelle Humes - January 2020

My Birchbox subscription has now been ongoing for 6 months, but I always forget, so every time this little box arrives in the post it's like a treat to me, from me.

The January 2020 box was my sixth, and did not disappoint. 


The product I was most excited to try out from this box was the Beauty Crop Glow Milk, I opted for the shade 'Just Dew It'. 

First off, the packaging of this product was so cute and shaped like a milk carton in cow print (is that a thing?) which I absolutely loved. Despite being shaped like a milk carton, the product is cruelty free and vegan, so another big tick from me!

The product itself is a beautiful, glowy highlighter and describes itself as creating a 'lit from within' look. I haven't actually tried this product yet, but from swatching it I can see that it is super glowy and the formula feels so soft and hydrating so I am super excited to finally give this a go!


The box also contained the Greenfrog Botanic Argon Oil Body Lotion. The sweet scent of this lotion is absolutely gorgeous. It is lightweight and absorbs fairly quickly, leaving my skin feeling super soft and hydrated, plus a little goes a long way so this will last a super long time. Again this product is vegan and cruelty free and is also palm oil free. 

Next up, the Philip Kingsley Moisture Balancing Conditioner. This product has a very clean scent, but wouldn't be one that I would usually go for when choosing shampoo / conditioner. The product itself I have enjoyed using, however the sample size was only 20ml so I don't think I've had enough chance to properly test this product, simply because my super curly and dry hair needs a lot of conditioner and i therefore only got two uses from this product. I would be interested to possibly try a full sized version in the future but for now, my trusty Tigi Bed Head conditioners are here to stay. 

Product number 4 was the Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator. I am always quite dubious about trying new skin care products because i have acne prone skin and worry that something new will aggravate that and make it worse. I did, however, really enjoy using this product (and still have some left). I don't exfoliate my skin daily because I have quite sensitive skin and finds that this can irritate it. This product contains micro-crystals which I have really enjoyed because it feels like it is doing exactly what an exfoliator should (does that make sense?). Fingers crossed it doesn't appear to have caused any break outs as of yet so all seems good and I am considering purchasing the full-sized product!


The final product, and this months full sized product, was the Mélusine Jade Roller. I was also really excited about this product because I have wanted to try a jade roller for so long but hadn't got round to purchasing one. I have been using this after my skincare routine and really love how it feels - it is so soothing on my skin and whilst I haven't really seen much difference in my skin itself, I enjoy the feeling it gives so will definitely continue to use it.

Anyway, due to the lateness of this post (sorry!) my February box is due any day now and all contain a full size Bloom Blush - head back towards the end of the month for my full review of the February box!

Love, Charlotte x

Comments

Popular Posts