REVIEW: He-Shi Express Liquid Tan

Fake tanning has never been my forte, I'm so pale that any tanning mishap is extremely noticeable and to me it just isn't worth the hassle.  Now that it's summer I decided that I wouldn't mind a slight tan so that I don't look as ghostly white at the side of everyone I see, unfortunately, even after two weeks in Tenerife I hadn't tanned in the slightest (although I did spend most of my time wearing factor 50 and avoiding the sun). After hearing a lot of good things about He-Shi I decided to give it a go. I wasn't certain which of their products to try out but eventually settled on the Express Liquid Tan in medium.



For me, this tan was quite different from anything I had tried before being a liquid tan, in the past I have used tanning lotions and mousse but never anything as liquid as this. The first thing I realised was that I would either have to invest in a more expensive tanning mitt or wear a latex glove as well as my mitt because whenever I poured the tan onto the mitt a lot of it soaked right through onto my hand. I do think that because of this a lot of the tan does potentially get wasted, so I started applying it directly to my skin which does work better but you have to be quick before it starts dripping everywhere! I'd definitely recommend putting something down to cover your floor before applying the tan.


One of my favourite things about this tan is that you don't have to moisturise before applying it, as someone who is very lazy and hates moisturising seeing the words 'do not moisturise before use' was music to my ears. 

After applying the tan it was practically dry straight away, only stating to wait 2 minutes before dressing. This was another bonus - is there anything worse than standing naked for an hour waiting for tan to dry fully? I think not. I apply the tan on a night and let it develop overnight, it develops into a very natural looking tan and doesn't transfer onto bedding overnight.


These pictures show my skin tone before and after applying the tan, they are taken in different rooms but both in natural light.

It does state that after showering the tan will last 7-10 days, however for me I only found it to last around 4 days, but I could be partly to blame for that because of my reluctance to moisturise daily.

All in all I really like this tan, it's so easy to apply and gives instant colour so that you can avoid streaks and patches. Definitely a tan I would recommend to beginners.

Have you tried this tan? What did you think? Do you prefer another?

Love, Charlotte x

Comments

Popular Posts