Updated Skin Care Routine

I posted my skin care routine in February (here), however over the past 10 months I've been trying out lots of new products and educating myself a bit more on skincare, so I like to think that my current skin care routine is one to stay.

To any of you who have read my previous skin care routine, you may be relieved to hear that I no longer use olive oil to remove my makeup. I personally didn't see any issue with this however I have since heard/read that it isn't great to apply oil directly to your skin, so bearing this in mind I now use the Garnier Micellar Water. I also use this product for my eye makeup so it's a good two in one. I use the micellar water for combination & sensitive skin which I find works well for me and is gentle on my skin.


After removing my makeup with the micellar water I cleanse my skin using either the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser or the Antipodes Juliet Gel Cleanser to remove any extra makeup. The Cetaphil cleanser is very soothing and gentle on the skin and was recommended to me by my dermatologist, it's also super affordable which is an added bonus.

Since Christmas I have been using the Clinique Foaming Sonic Facial Soap with the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush. The brush is gentle on my skin but makes cleansing my skin so much easier and much more effective. My skin has looked much clearer since I started to use this (and felt softer too!)



A new product that I have incorporated into my skincare routine is the Body Shop Nutriganics Refreshing Toner. This softens, smoothes and revitalises skin. My skin always feels clean and fresh after using this. I use this toner interchangeably with the Clinique Clarifying Lotion which is a gentle exfoliating lotion and always leaves my skin feeling incredible. 


After that, I moisturise using either the Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion, another old favourite that hasn't changed, or alternatively the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion. Both are lightweight moisturisers and leave my skin feeling hydrated without causing breakouts.


For eye-cream, I now use the Body Shop Drops of Youth Eye Concentrate. I love this product, the roller ball applicator is soothing on the skin and reduces any puffiness, it makes me look more awake and masks my eye bags - what more can I ask for?


Just before bed I always use the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. I simply dip a cotton bud into the lotion and dab it onto any blemishes and in the morning the blemish will have disappeared or at least be significantly smaller and much less red, an all round winner for me. I also love that a tiny amount of this product goes a long way so it'll definitely last ages!


So that's my entire updated skin care routine - these products are definitely ones I am happy with and will continue to use. I'm now on the hunt for a serum so any recommendations are welcome.

What are your favourite skin care products?

Love, Charlotte x

Comments

  1. did the clinique minis come with the cleansing brush? if so would you repurchase them separately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely repurchase the clarifying lotion. I'm not sure I would repurchase the cleanser and moisturiser, I do really like using them and they are great products but I don't think they're massively better than cheaper ones that I have used x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts