REVIEW: First ColourPop Purchases

  Being an avid watcher of the majority of youtubers is definitely not good for my bank balance. Brands like ColourPop that I never would have heard of if not for youtube become brands that I need half of the products from, hence this pretty big order.

Unfortunately ColourPop isn't available in the UK, or at least not to my knowledge, so this order came with a £17 customs charge, but I'd definitely say it was worth it.

The ColourPop eyeshadows were the products I really wanted, but there was $5 off if I spent $50, so I treated myself to a highlight, and 3 lip products too - false economy at its finest.


(lets just take note of this super cute postcard that arrived with my products)

Ok so, I ordered:
1 Ultra Satin Lip in Calypso
1 Ultra Matte Lip in Notion
1 'Lippie Stix' in Lumiere
Zingera Eyeshadow Quad (the top four shadows pictured above)
Game Face SuperShock Shadow (metallic copper, pictured bottom left)
Shop SuperShock Shadow (no longer on website)
Creme-Gel Pot in Dirty Talk
Highlighter in Might Be



Of the lip products my absolute favourite is the lippie stix, it applies so nicely and the shape of it means you don't need to line your lips beforehand. Lumiere is, in my opinion, an absolutely beautiful dusty mauve pink shade. I find that I only need to apply one coat of this for the colour to look as I like it and it's super long lasting, with a matte finish.
I gave the ultra satin lip to my mum after she said how much she liked it so unfortunately never got to try it myself.
The ultra matte lip is beautiful, something I rarely wear because I'm not very daring with dark colours aND I (stupidly) didn't get a lip liner to match which I'd probably say is an essential with this shade. The colour is a very dark berry shade, dries super matte and lasts all day. 

The SuperShock Shadows have a creme-powder formula. They weren't as easy to blend as I expected but are extremely pigmented and look beautiful on.

The creme-gel pot I was most intrigued by. I have personally never owned any eyeshadows that weren't powder so this for me was an entirely new concept - I have since debated whether this is actually supposed to be used as a shadow, or just a liner. I apply it using my finger because I find this the easiest way, usually to the centre or inner corner of my eyelid. The colour I chose is a beautiful metallic gold, perfect for a pop of shimmer. Once applied this lasts all day and, if I'm being completely honest, is slightly difficult to remove!

The highlight I purchased, 'Might Be', is a metallic rose gold highlight with a creme-powder formula. It wasn't entirely what I expected, looking slightly darker in reality than the photo on the website, however it's still very nice and applied lightly gives a beautiful highlight. Personally I think that if I apply a bit too much of this it looks very noticeably unnatural, but applied with a light hand I can't fault it.


Zingara contains four different shadows, all available separately. Paradox - a cool toned burgundy with a satin finish, Seeker - a reddish brown with a matte finish, Elixir - a matte terracotta shade, and Jinxie - a soft gold with a pearlised finish.

When using these shadows I use brushes to apply all but Jinxie which I pat onto my eyelid using my finger to get the maximum possible product.

Overall I was very impressed with my first ColourPop order and would definitely recommend their products. At very reasonable prices the quality of the makeup is excellent. My favourite purchases were the Lippie Stix, and the Zingara quad.

Have you tried any of these products?

Love, Charlotte x



Comments

Popular Posts