REVIEW: The Body Shop Tea Tree Range

My skin used to be very acne prone, before I began to take Roaccutane (post on my experience of this here), therefore I have tried so many products targeted at blemish prone skin and thought it would be useful for me to share my thoughts with those of you who may be trying to target your blemishes.

One of the products I heard was great at reducing blemishes was tea tree oil, so when I spotted these products in The Body Shop I had to try them! I've always been a big fan of The Body Shop so I had high expectations for these products.


The Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser is a face wash that claims to 'remove impurities and excess oil for clearer looking skin'. I used this after removing my makeup to cleanse my skin. This product definitely removed some excess oil making my skin much more balanced, unfortunately it never had any effect on my spots nor did it appear to reduce the frequency at which my spots appeared so overall I was slightly disappointed by this. That being said, if you're looking for something solely to make your skin less oily you may want to check this out!

The Skin Clearing Toner 'sweeps away traces of impurities for clearer looking skin'. After cleansing I would apply some toner to a cotton pad and wipe it gently all over my face, it definitely made my skin feel very thoroughly clean and fresh, and did slightly mattify my skin which was a big help when my skin was super oily, this was overall much more impressive than the cleanser.

The Skin Clearing Lotion gave very lightweight hydration, as it claims to, providing my skin with some extra moisture without leaving it feeling oily or sticky. I enjoyed using this in a morning before my makeup to provide a small amount of moisture to my skin.


A product I picked up on another occasion was the Blemish Fade Night Lotion. This is by far my favourite, and the most impressing of the Tea Tree Range in my opinion.
After completing my night time skin care routine I apply a small amount to this to areas where I feel I need it, namely the areas where I have any acne scarring or marks left behind from past blemishes. This has seriously helped the red marks left behind to fade, and I definitely see a difference in my skin the day after I use this. I can't recommend this enough to anyone struggling to get rid of acne scars or blemish marks, although it doesn't completely remove them it has a hugely positive effect.

As always I have provided my 100% honest opinion of these products, let me know if you try these and what you think of them. If you have any recommendations of products I should try I'd be very appreciative!

Love, Charlotte

Comments

Popular Posts