REVIEW: My Favourite Foundation

In my opinion, a flawless base is the key to achieving a great makeup look. For that reason I've spent a long time trying out a lot of different foundations to find one perfect for me, and I think I've finally found it.

EstÄ“e Lauder Double Wear is definitely the best foundation I have ever used. 
It provides a medium to full coverage and comes in an incredible variety of shades which is essential for me because I'm so pale that I really struggle to find a foundation to match my skin tone. I think the palest shade available is NC0 - Shell, which is the one I wear.

This is a liquid foundation, I personally find it applies best with a beauty blender or makeup sponge, I usually opt for the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to achieve a flawless finish.

This foundation also works great on all skin types. In the past I had extremely oily skin and this foundation still looked great at the end of the day when I had applied it in the morning. After taking Roaccutane (see my experience here), my skin got very dry, I will admit that when I wore this foundation without any moisturiser or primer underneath it did cling to some dry patches but when used after moisturising and applying primer it worked wonders.

I also love to use a foundation that contains SPF, this way I don't have to worry about finding a moisturiser containing SPF. This one does only provide SPF 10 which is quite low particularly for me because I burn quite easily in the sun so in summer I wouldn't rely on this alone for sun protection, but it's great throughout most of the year to provide extra protection even on colder days.

It is slightly pricier than some high-end foundations, being £30, but I'd definitely say it's worth it even if it's only used on special occasions. On days when I'm just going to university for a few hours I personally opt for a drugstore foundation and save this one for days where I want to make a little more effort (and especially days where I may be photographed).


If you're looking for a medium to full coverage foundation that lasts all day this is definitely one to try!

Love, Charlotte


Comments

Popular Posts